Every now and then, we enjoy spoiling our hubbies with delicious desserts. They say a way to a man’s heart is through his stomach- and it certainly is! Sometimes we face the challenge of deciding what to prepare, which is why we love sharing new ideas for homemade recipes!
Strawberry pie is one of our favorite desserts, because we love strawberries, and because this pie in particular goes really well with our mandatory cup of afternoon coffee.
- 2 packs of fresh strawberries
- 1 cup of flour
- 1 lemon
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ – 1 cup of sugar (depending on how sweet you want it)
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
The pie crust can be bought ready-made or made from scratch – in which case we usually follow Martha Stewart’s recipe:
- 2 ½ cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 sticks of unsalted butter
- ½ cup of iced water
For the filling:
- Cut the strawberries into slices and add them to a mixing bowl
- Add in all the other ingredients (flour, lemon, salt, sugar, cinnamon) and mix them all up
- Set the filling aside (in the fridge)
For the pie crust:
- In a separate bowl, add the flour, sugar and salt
- Cut the butter into cubes and add them to the bowl
- Add the water and use your hands to mould the dough
- Set the dough aside for an hour
Once the pie crust dough has rested, roll out the dough and place it in your pie pan, then heat it in the oven for 10 minutes.
Remove the pie crust from the oven and pour the filling over it (you can add another layer of pie crust on top of the filling or you can keep the pie open-facing) and then place the pie in the oven for 25 minutes at 180 Celsius degrees.
If you’re running low on time, you can buy the ready-made pie crust, simply add the filling and place the pie in the oven. Et voila!
You can always modify a recipe depending on your dietary needs and personal taste. If you try one our recipes at home, please share your feedback!
Sisi & Rara