Working full-time means less time spent in the kitchen. We know how important it is to have wholesome meals during the week, because takeout just isn’t healthy or sustainable, and we need to make sure we’re getting the right nutrients on a daily basis to keep our energy levels high. This is why we look for quick and easy recipes that are both healthy and delicious.
This is a low-carb dinner recipe perfect for our hubbies who are always asking for protein-based meals! If you’re looking for a light protein-based dinner, you can’t go wrong with either chicken or steak with your choice of vegetables on the side.
2 chicken breasts (or steak of your choice)
4 tbsp of low-fat yogurt
2 tsp of olive oil
2 tsp of balsamic vinegar
2 tsp of mustard
1 tsp of brown sugar
2 tsp of fresh ginger
1 clove of garlic
½ cup of lemon juice
1 white onion
1 bag of baby carrots
1 whole potato (or sweet potato)
1 bag of fresh mushrooms
2 tsp olive oil
1 tsp honey
Pinch of salt, cinnamon, black pepper and (chicken) herbs and spices
- Wash and set out the chicken breasts
- To prepare the marinade, in a large bowl add the yogurt, lemon juice, garlic, balsamic, olive oil, vinegar, mustard, brown sugar, salt, black pepper and chicken herbs and mix all the ingredients
- Marinate the chicken, cover it and put it in the fridge for two hours. If you don’t have enough time, you could marinate for an hour or less. Bear in mind the longer you marinate the chicken, the more your meal will be packed with flavor.
- Cut the potatoes, carrots, mushrooms and onions, and place the vegetables in a separate bowl.
- Add the olive oil, honey and some salt, black pepper and the same herbs and spices onto the veggies.
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F – and then insert your chicken and vegetables on a backing tray into the oven for 30 minutes (or longer depending on when they are fully cooked).
Et voilà! Your dish is ready!
Sisi & Rara