Spending more time at home means more time in the kitchen, as we love to spoil ourselves with delicious homemade treats! French Toast is one of our favorite breakfast foods and we always make them sweet to go perfectly well with our coffee in the morning.
These French Toast rolls are stuffed with Nutella, lotus spread and mixed berries. These definitely aren’t low-cal but they’re totally worth it on a cheat day!
- 8 slices of toast bread (your choice of white or brown)
- 2 whole eggs
- ¼ cup milk
- Lemon zest
- 1 tsp vanilla powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1 tsp butter
- 1 cup sugar
- Nutella spread (depends on taste)
- Lotus spread (depends on taste)
- 1 cup strawberries, blueberries, raspberries (any fruits you love)
- Trim off the crust from each slice of bread then flatten each one out with a rolling pin
- On each slice of bread, spread a layer of Nutella and/or Lotus and diced berries then roll it up
- In a shallow bowl, whisk eggs, milk, vanilla essence and lemon zest until well-mixed
- In a separate bowl, mix the sugar and cinnamon powder
- Heat a pan over medium heat and melt the butter
- Dip each bread roll into the egg mixture, soak it well and place it onto the pan
- Each roll should cook for around 2 minutes
- Once the roll is cooked, dip it in the sugar and cinnamon mixture and set aside for plating
- Garnish with remaining fruits
We hope you enjoy making these French toast roll-ups as much as we did.
Sisi & Rara